Feel free to browse my website using the menu above.

Almost all the prints on my website are available for sale, you can also e-mail me or call me in order to make special arrangements.


Friday, May 17, 2013

A Growing Family

In the last few months, I have been doing a lot of research, talking to my fellow photographers and thinking about my professional needs when it comes to my equipment.

When one is a professional photographer, it is important to use the gear that will allow you to portray your talent and satisfy the client's needs.  Although I had a number of lenses and a couple of cameras, I needed to extend the range and capabilities of my gear.

In addition, as I book more gigs, I want to have a reliable, talented partner with whom I also happen to get a long well... Who is better than my wife, whose work you have seen here in several occasions, specifically on this blog entry.

I never cared for the discussions about which camera brand is better... Canon or Nikon?  I think both companies are putting out very good quality products.

I started with my father's Zenit 122 camera, which I still have at my place.

Zenit 122 and its accessories
The camera that started it all... Here it is, Zenit 122 with a Zenit Helios 44M-5 58mm f2 and a Tumax 16 flash attached to it.
I also have a Kontep 200mm f4 and a Sekonic StudioDeluxe II lightmeter.
Although not in mint condition, they still work.
And than I had a couple of Minoltas before I switched to Nikon.  I lost my first Minolta when my apartment building went in flames during the time I lived in Montpellier, France.  I gave the second one to my father in exchange of his Zenith, which has a sentimental value for me.

Now, instead of going through a painful change from one brand to another (as you can see, I have an extended family of Nikon products) I stick with Nikon, which I am extremely happy with.

So here they are, the three new members of the family.

Nikon AF S NIKKOR 18-35mm f3.5-4.5 G ED
I needed a wide-angle lens and I needed it without breaking the bank.  After long hours of research, this little Nikkor lensstole my heart.

Nikon AF S NIKKOR 50mm f1.4
An absolute beauty that was long over due...  The 50 is here.

The new FX format addition to the Kerem Hanci Photography family.
My wife is more excited than I am, which is a great thing!

2 FX DSLR bodies, 1 DX DSLR body, 2 Speedlights, 6 FX lenses and 1 DX lens
Here is a family picture taken with my phone.  I need to get better taking pictures with my phone... Or not :D

I just wanted to share my excitement and joy with you.  Next week, I will share the love and passion of yet another couple! See you then!



No comments:

Post a Comment