Feel free to browse my website using the menu above.

Almost all the prints on my website are available for sale, you can also e-mail me or call me in order to make special arrangements.


Saturday, July 7, 2012

Lita's 7th Birthday

Weddings are fun. The love is palpable, everyone is there to witness and share the experience of a couple of people uniting their life. It's absolutely beautiful. It has a different energy. And I love to shoot weddings.
One thing that a wedding won't have though, is the energy level of a 7-year-old's birthday party. It is a total chaos, though a controlled one and the kids love it. Their incredible energy is infectious. Being the father of a 16 month old myself, I won't deny the fact that it can be exhausting running after a little soul who has a tremendous amount of "fuel" and curiosity and at the end of the day, you may feel like a truck ran over you. Nevertheless, the energy you receive from them while you spend time with them is unmatched.
I shot the 7th Birthday Party of Lita a few weeks ago and her proud parents organized a truly fantastic party for her.
The food... The food was not only delicious, but it looked good! I love taking photographs of food. You can see some of my still life photography here if you feel like it. Well, here are a few select ones from Lita's party...
The colorful decoration filled with cupcakes and a candy bar increased the kids enthusiasm towards everything.
One of the things Lita and her friends responded enthusiastically was the artist who was there making them balloons and pulling all sort of funny things out of her "Goofy Hat"...
We'll get back to the balloons shortly, but the kids were also given the opportunity to use their creative skills...
All the kids were so happy, everyone was laughing, smiling, having fun. Lita was in cloud 9... But I have a feeling that this little guy was having the most fun. His hilarious comments and suggestions about photography were the source of my fun. And, of course, he posed for me.
OK, let's get back to the balloons... First, a very lovely, creative, obviously hard to make balloon-birthday-cake-hat!
And now, I am saying this with all the positive connotations in the world... The most ridiculous balloon sculpture I have ever seen up-close... Ever! It is a functioning giant fan that you carry on your back... What!?
Dear Lita, thank you so much for making me a part of your birthday celebration. I wish you a happy and great year, and I will see you next year!

1 comment:

  1. It's been awhile since I have visited. Your work, as always, is a pleasure to view. (I also like the shortened logo/sig on some of your pics.)

    Be well, KH. And keep the good work coming!

    -KAC

    ReplyDelete