Feel free to browse my website using the menu above.

Almost all the prints on my website are available for sale, you can also e-mail me or call me in order to make special arrangements.


Friday, February 26, 2016

Alyse & Jeff and our old friends.

It all started in the Summer of 2012... I was contacted by the mothers of Shira and Andy and they book me for their children's wedding day.  While the couple were living in New York back then, their lovely mothers were planning for the big day.

Than, Shira and Andy had this very short window during their California visit on a weekend in November (literally only a couple of hours) and they called me and booked me for an engagement session.  To this date, that is the only engagement session I shot under heavy rain.

Their wedding was just amazing.  I had so much fun documenting that wonderful day.  Andy's brother Jeff caught the garter and his girlfriend Alyse caught the bouquet.  I even made a note about my hope to have the privilege of shooting their wedding!

You can imagine how happy and honored I was when I got the call from Alyse and Jeff to book me for both their engagement session and their wedding day! We did the engagement session in Palos Verdes as well. Andy and Jeff grew up there.

Well, last summer, in the beautiful settings of Pine Rose Cabins of Arrowhead, CA, my wife Jennifer and I were delighted to reunite with this fantastic family to celebrate the union of Alyse and Jeff.

Let's start with the details.

The beautiful Pine Rose Cabins provide the perfect backdrop for the detail photographs of this wedding

An extreme close up of the wedding rings

A rustic setting deserves a rustic bouquet!

The wedding rings with the engagement ring at the Pine Rose Cabins


A few shots of the gorgeous couple following the First Look.  This little pond and the rustic swing were a favorite of mine for sure. 

The gorgeous couple and their reflection on the little pond at The Pine Rose Cabins
The Love's Reflection

The groom and the bride under her veil at The Pine Rose Cabins
Lost In Eachother's Arms Under the Veil

The groom and his groomsmen.

The groom poses for the camera while his groomsmen are hanging out at the beautiful Pine Rose Cabins

The groom and his groomsmen assuming the tough guy role at the Pine Rose Cabins
Tough Guys

 The beautiful bride on that swing I cannot get enough of...
Pine Rose Cabins' Rustic Swing is the perfect place to have the bride pose for her formal portraits
The Beautiful Bride on the Rustic Swing

The bride and her bridesmaids...

The bride under the lovely pine trees of the Pine Rose Cabins
Ladies in Lavender

Yes, we did the first look way before the ceremony, but looking at Jeff's face during the ceremony and not feeling the love and the happiness is impossible!

May the sun shine on you forever Alyse and Jeff!
The gorgeous venue, the setting sun and the beautiful couple during the ceremony at Pine Rose Cabins




The lovely result of my wife Jennifer's favorite approaches to shoot candids during the formal portrait sessions.


Say hello to the reception details and the cake! :D



And the fun begins!

Before The Hora started, I left Jennifer down at the dance floor to capture the candid close-ups and I went upstairs to the second floor deck to photograph the action from above.  I told the couple to look up at some point if they could remember.  And they did!  Jeff told Alyse and they gave me a look for this lovely moment to be captured!

The couple remembered to look up for a little posed photo during the horaHo
  
Let's finish with a few photos of the couple at their sweetheart table. cutting the cake and the first dance. Alyse and Jeff, I look forward to see you again soon!


The couple is cutting the cake at Pine Rose Cabins




It is a tremendous honor and privilege to be a part of this family's most precious moments.  I consider myself lucky and I am grateful for them to bring me back and trust the documentation of these important dates to me and my wife.

Thank you Alyse and Jeff and Andy and Shira... While I certainly look forward to see you and your growing families again soon, I wish you all a very happy, very healthy and very prosperous life!

No comments:

Post a Comment