Feel free to browse my website using the menu above.

Almost all the prints on my website are available for sale, you can also e-mail me or call me in order to make special arrangements.


Friday, November 23, 2012

Giving Thanks

On Thanksgiving Day this year, we were planning to hang out with the extended family. However I wasn't feeling well yesterday so we had to cancel at the last minute. Instead, we spent time as a family at home, I took several short naps, watched football with my daughter and played with her all day long. I also squeezed in some work.

My wife had planned a hike for Friday and despite the sore throat I went along... And I am very grateful that I did. I am also grateeful to our great friend Megan who hung out with us for taking this picture :D
We have so much to be grateful for in Southern California, but on top of the list most people would put the year-around beautiful weather. I took the mountain roads to get to the Ventura county and drove the windy roads with music blasting and wind in my hair. It was such a clear day today on the Santa Monica Mountains and the view from up above was something to see. And on the way back, I made the drive even longer by taking Mulholland Way to Calabasas.... The marine layer was covering the ocean like a warm and cozy blanket and when we went down to the sea level to have lunch in one of my favorite joints, Neptune's Net, one would definitely need a blanket or a sweatshirt.
Well, I am giving thanks for everything I had, everything I have and everything I will have. But most of all, I am grateful for my family and our health. And Vivienne was grateful to meet a new friend. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment