Feel free to browse my website using the menu above.

Almost all the prints on my website are available for sale, you can also e-mail me or call me in order to make special arrangements.


Saturday, November 2, 2013

Vivienne's First Trick or Treat

Fall is our favorite season.  My wife loves it, I love it and apparently Vivienne loves it as well.  As it gets darker earlier, and as she has some experience from the camping, she loves to explore in the dark with her flash light...

Here she is running with mommy, dancing in the flash light, playing with the neighbor's puppy--a new found friend, pretending she is scared and hiding behind daddy...

A lovely Evening Hike at an alley in the ValleyDancing in the spotlight of the flashlight in an alley in the Valley Running with puppies in an alley in the Valley.

Making silly faces pretending o be scared in an alley in the Valley.

Pretending to be hiding from imaginary monsters in an alley in the Valley.

The main goals of these evening hikes that Jennifer started a few weeks ago is actually t look for insects.  It started with crickets and rolly-pollies (and Vivienne still looks for them) but any insects she can find is obviously fascinating for her!

Where are the bugs?!

Looking everywhere for those bugs!

Found a bug on a rock!

As I have mentioned before, I have never been a "Holidays" person.  Sure, I used to love "Le Marché de Noel" when I lived in France.  I love snowy Christmas Eve, I like the family Thanksgiving Dinner, I love the Halloween, mainly because of the season and the colors...  And for 3 years straight now, we stared carving pumpkins at the Hanci residence (no, Vivienne's arrival had nothing to do with it, I have no idea what you are talking about...)... The first one was Cedric La Citrouille, which I carved on my own.  The second year we had three for the family following a pumpkin carving party with Vivienne's Uncle Joe and Aunt Jen.

This year, Hanci family carved pumpkins together.  Vivienne was such a great help with the sharpie.  She loved the idea of drawing on the pumpkin and we kind of liked it too as we were not particularly gung ho about leaving a 2-and-a-half year-old with sharp objects in her hands.

A family tradition of pumpkin carving at Hanci residence

And here are the results...

A perfectly carved laughing witch with her eye on you!Who Dat Say Dey Gonna Beat Dam Saints?!

Here are the Hanci family pumpkins for 2013.


I only wore a costume once to make  few family members happy.  I am not big on that costume thing either.  Jennifer was all game in order to support her daughter and she became a pirate within minutes.  It was impressive and incredibly sexy.

Mommy Pirate walking her Ballerina Witch Daughter

Vivienne has been preparing for her first trick & treat for a while now.  She asked her mom to buy her a purple witch hat.  Yes, she did ask exactly that.  And she wore a purple dress and purple shoes (I suspect her mom had a little hand on this costume) and she created the eternal love for me....  Introducing the Ballerina Witch...
She is an incredibly powerful witch.  She uses her powers for the good and advancement of humanity.  No... Really.

It was such a pleasure to see the mother and daughter go trick & treating in the lovely neighborhood of our friends Stephanie and Stephanie who were so giving by opening their house to family and friends to have a lovely evening with food, adult and PG jello-shots, kids in wonderfully colorful costumes and tons of fun.

Todd had an absolutely amazing setup.  When he opened up his garage door, the high-tech headquarters of Batman was revealed with spot lights, Bat-mobile and smoke machine.  Here is the good Ballerina Witch meets Batman in order to join forces to fight the bad guys! 


The Ballerina Witch meets Batman

Yes, it was yesterday... But Happy Halloween anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment