Feel free to browse my website using the menu above.

Almost all the prints on my website are available for sale, you can also e-mail me or call me in order to make special arrangements.


Friday, January 18, 2013

Lale & Yusuf Do LA

In the beginning of last December, while I was looking into some opportunities to make the relatively slower month a little busier, the opportunities came knocking!

One of the most interesting one was an email I received from Istanbul, Turkey.  A bride-to-be (Lale) was very excited to have found an established Turkish photographer in Los Angeles as she was planning to wed her fiancĂ© (Yusuf) in Los Angeles.  I will not get into the technicalities why they were doing it initially in Los Angeles privately, but they had a "cute" reason.

We continued the email communication daily, we had a Skype call and they told me they were having some problems with the ceremony, so, being an ordained minister, I offered them to conduct their private ceremony!  After the wedding, I organized a fantastic photo shoot for them that took all day.  As this was their first time in Los Angeles, I wanted to show them around and have their pictures taken in places that I love in Los Angeles.  Some traditional, some not so much.  Here are the photographs from that day...

Located directly under the Hollywood Sign, Lake Hollywood Park by The Hollywood Reservoir offers many options for a photo shoot.
Lale & Yusuf at The Lake Hollywood Park

Sometimes, during the engagement sessions, the couples start a bit timidly.  There may be some shy moments, some stiffness...  All those are completely normal and as a photographer, it is my pleasure and my duty to put that couple at ease and get them rolling and start having fun as soon as possible.  Although I usually have no particular problem with such a task, Yusuf and Lale were both ready to go!  I found out Yusuf loves to be goofy, they both have wonderful humor and from the start, the day was promising to be fun.
Another photograph of the couple at The Lake Hollywood Park
Yusuf jumping on the opportunity to marry Lale
From Hollywood, we headed to Downtown Los Angeles...  We first shot a few frames at the historic Olvera Street.


Olvera Street is one of my favorite spots to shoot at in Downtown Los Angeles.
The couple at Olvera Street
Before we decided to head down to Walt Disney Concert Hall, I let them wonder around a bit...

I love candid shots.  Olvera Street can be a fantastic spot to let the couple free and snap photographs with a long lens.
They only see each other...

This one is definitely one of my favorite shots from the day...  Walt Disney Concert Hall and its surroundings are absolutely wonderful.  So many different opportunities and setups!
Walt Disney Concert Hall is a hot spot for photographers and music lovers!
She's a natural!


As if you needed proof to my love of the fish-eye lens
I do have an obsession for fish-eye and I am proud of it!
Downtown behind and a whole life together in front of them, the couple smiles.
Downtown behind and a whole life together in front of them, the couple smiles.

Following the downtown, we took the 10 freeway, which was, by the way, extremely nice to us and headed to Santa Monica.  This popular spot provided us many different opportunities, and a few samples are below.

The popular Santa Monica Pier has many areas you could use as a backdrop, including this Route 66 SOuvenir Shop.
Lale & Yusuf in front of the Route 66 Souvenir Shop.
Underneath Santa Monica Pier
If you are a photographer, you gotta love to shoot under the Santa Monica Pier!
Lale & Yusuf by the Pacific Ocean
Can you see the heart ?

A silhouette shot
A silhouette shot that reminds me of the old westerns for some reason!


Lale & Yusuf on the Santa Monica Beach
Blue Sky, White Gown, Black Tuxedo


Instead of a trendy restaurant, I took them to one of my favorite places, Neptune's Net!
The golden rays of setting sun over the Pacific Ocean, a delicious seafood meal, beer... Here's to the many years ahead of you guys!


California Sunset
We were headed back to Hollywood, than I saw the Sunset on my rear-view mirror. Inevitably, we stopped.
The beautiful El Capitan Theater as the backdrop, the couple are using yet another Disney "Landmark"!
We had a nice drive back to Hollywood (101 was not as welcoming as 10!)

Before they head back to the hotel...
Rock'n'Roll!
This was the Los Angeles Story of Lale and Yusuf!  If you would like to organize a travelling shoot in and around Los Angeles, please feel free to contact me.

I look forward to spend some more time with you next week!

1 comment: