Feel free to browse my website using the menu above.

Almost all the prints on my website are available for sale, you can also e-mail me or call me in order to make special arrangements.


Friday, December 16, 2011

Houmas House Plantation Part II

I am so excited about this series.  Yes, it is going to be a series, probably a Christmas blog next week would break it, but Houmas House Plantation is a national treasure and a photographer's heaven.  I was like a kid in a candy store!
Last week, we covered the outside with a few fish-eye shots.  Let's stay outside this week and let's get a few details and some general shots as well...
When you pull in the parking lot of Houmas House, you feel that this is going to be a worthy experience.



The owner still lives in the premises, and it shows and feels like that the place is alive. There are several gardens and water gardens that are very well kept and it is a place that you would like to hang out on a nice breezy afternoon, enjoying your favorite cocktails purchased from the Turtle Bar that is behind the Houmas House, next to the Hampton Fountain Court. The 4th and the 5th picture below are of the Hampton Fountain Court and the 6th one is a photograph of the yard in front of the court adjacent to the Turtle Bar.







I will leave you with a few more photographs showcasing the lovely ambiance of this magical place. As I mentioned earlier, we might take a break from the Houmas House next week in order to have a Christmas entry on Friday Photography Blog, but there will be at least a Part III to the Houmas House Plantation and we will go inside this time. Until then, be well my babies!





No comments:

Post a Comment