Feel free to browse my website using the menu above.

Almost all the prints on my website are available for sale, you can also e-mail me or call me in order to make special arrangements.


Friday, August 12, 2011

A "Macro" Glance to the Life with a Baby

As most of you know, Jen and I welcomed our baby-daughter a little more than 5 months ago. You can imagine what kind of a life-changer this event was for both of us. Let me assure you we both feel that our life changed for the better, and we are extremely happy. Obviously having a baby at home has its challenges and additional new routines in the daily life.

I have been seeing these pictures in my mind for a while and I was waiting for the right time and opportunity to take them and share them with you. Well, that time has come :o)

A lot of toys all around, already! :D The amount of toys will probably increase in the very near future, but for the time being, meet Freddy (or Feridun), one of Vivienne's favorite toys. He is a multi-functional firefly :D


And some more smiley toys that surround my smiling daughter.


Mother's milk is best! Even if it's frozen!

We are among those parents who do not believe in formula and we are lucky (and grateful) that Jen can breast-feed Vivienne.

And I can't.

So, a generous amount of frozen supply is pumped for daddy to feed Vivienne when mommy is away. A part of the routine.


After Jen's meticulous research, we ended up with these glass bottles: Dr. Brown's Natural Flow. They are washed and sanitized daily. Another part of the routine.


Yet another welcome part of our new life's daily routine, nap time is usually easy, but sometimes it can be very challenging and tricky. Like today.


Burp cloths and pacifiers...


Vivienne is teething, and depending on the day, she can really be in pain. We try not to give her all that acetaminophen and ibuprofen, so we went with our AWESOME pediatrician Dr. Peter Waldstein's recommendation: Camilia. The homeopathic medicine from Boiron comes in tiny individual doses and helps relieve Vivienne's swollen gums and teething pain.


A place we spend some considerable time is the diaper changing station! We prefer the non-talc baby powder!


And this little seat, all the way from South Africa. The Bumbo chair is world famous and incredibly convenient. It allows Vivienne to help me while I am working as you can see on the second picture.



All photographs except the last one are taken with the Nikon D3s. The lens is Nikon AF-S Micro Nikkor 105mm f2.8. This concludes our "Macro" Glance to the Life with a Baby. I'll see you next week!

2 comments:

  1. oh...that last pic is soooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    luv, pp paula

    ReplyDelete